- Full Resume
- Standard formatted resume. Word
- Major Project
- Summary information for my major projects. Word
- A summary of key management principles I have
found to be extremely helpful.
- Mission, focus and principles I use in managing
an IT organization. (pdf format)
Improvement / Six Sigma
- Summary of experience and examples related to
continous improvement / Six Sigma capabilities Word
- Some thoughts and some of my examples of IT Strategic
planning. (pdf format)
- Articles and Quotations
- Articles I have written
or items of inspiration and quotes.
- Thoughtable quotes
- a section of some of favorite quotations and what
they me to me.
- Employee's Perspective
picture shown here was given to me by a lady who
used to work for me. She gave me this beautiful
sculpture as a representation of her thoughts and
appreciation of our relationship. She is of Chinese
descent and the symbolism has a basis from her Chinese
The sculpture is a tall crane standing on top of
a turtle. She told me the crane represented the
value I place and my ability creating and communicating
a vision. The turtle represents a sound basis of
values, strength and support given, and ability
to stay focused and not panic when problems surface.
Narrative Summary of Skills and Experience
IT Skills and Experience
I am an experienced IT professional whose career
has progressed from programmer to IT Director. My
technical experience includes programming, system
design, management, project management, quality, problem
solving, continuous process improvement, training,
change management and IT strategic planning. The systems
have included a variety of platforms including mainframe,
Unix, and PC n-tier system. My software experience
includes Cobol, Visual Basic, SQL, Access, Crystal
Reports, web design, XML, Lotus Notes, etc. I have
managed IT group with responsibilities for software
development, implementations, network, email and desktop
support at multiple facilities.
As an IT manager, I have developed and implemented
strategic plans to move the organization into improved
business systems (process and technology) to meet
or exceed customer satisfaction and the business objectives.
My experience also includes time spent in quality
systems with particular emphasis toward continuous
process improvement, problem solving, and utilization
of creative techniques for quantum improvements. The
skills, techniques and tools I have acquired are invaluable
for me to provide the best in class solutions for
Currently I am the ERP Manager at a manufacturing
company where I have responsibility for implementation
of SAP (MM PP SD WM and technical side - ABAP/interface
with Basis outsourcer).
I Successfully Passed PMP Certification Exam (PMI).
Some of my major projects include:
- SAP Project Manager Böwe Bell and Howell
- Conversion of financial accounting system to
- SAP Project Manager TRW, Commercial Steering Division.
Implementation in three sites with modules PP, MM/WM,
SD, FI/CO. my team included 14 CSD people, 10 consultants.
- QS-9000 Coordinator for TRW, Commercial Steering
Division (Division team, 3 plant teams).
Collaborated with other TRW divisions.
- Assumed QS-9000 manager responsibilities for Lafayette
plant after Quality Manager resigned.
Attained certification for all sites including troubled
- Re-engineered quality systems to support QS-9000
(utilized workflow & Notes)
- Technical manager for integration of new plants
into our division
- Technical manager for implementation of new manufacturing
system (AMAPS). Training manager for same implementation.
- Co project manager for CAD system selection and
- Project Manager for selection & implementation
My project management expertise includes several
key areas of project management such as: change
management, risk analysis, training, project plan
development, and issue management.
- Enterprise & eBusiness Systems Director for
IT technical training company
- Information Systems Manager for a multi site
division with $3 million IS budget and $200+ million
- Managed 18-24 people including 4-6 managers
- Recruiting, training and mentoring IT employees
- Organizational development, department reorganization
and change management
- Organizational changes to improve efficiency
- Employee involvement, team dynamics, customer
- Proven track record of productivity improvements
- Development & Implementation of project management
methodology in IT organization
- Supplier management
- Budget management
I have developed and conducted many training sessions
on technology, continuous improvement, problem solving
and quality to my customers and employees.
In addition, I have completed requirements for business
system certifications in manufacturing(CPIM certified
through APICS) and quality systems(certified Quality
Manager and Quality Auditor through ASQ). In addition,
I also have over ten years experience in management
and project management (certified as PMP through PMI).
You will also find I have business system experience
in just about every facet of a business (e.g. financial
accounting, cost accounting, purchasing, manufacturing,
sales, quality, engineering, human resources) which
is invaluable while working with my customers to improve
processes and increase competitive advantage.
Other activties beneficial to my understanding and
contribution a business include: Malcolm Baldrige
auditing experience, QS-9000 auditor, member of division
committee on benchmarking, 'tiger team' member to
turn around a business unit, et. al.