1. Believes in “we” before “I”
(except for accountability). Team player
a) Participative leadership – interdependence
through empowerment, freeing up and serving others
b) Contribute, learn from and work with other team
c) Share responsibility – feel as responsible
as manager for team performance. An aid to other
team members, does not take “it’s not
my job” attitude.
d) Aligned on purpose of why team exists and the
function it serves
e) High communication – creating a climate
of trust and open, honest communication, ask and
respond to questions
f) Future focused – seeing change as an opportunity
g) Focused on goal/task – keeping meetings,
interactions and effort focused on results
h) Creative talents – applying individual
and team talents and creativity
i) Rapid Response – identifying and acting
2. Dedicated to personal, departmental and company
3. Success driven through personal pride.
4. Commitment to personal and professional excellence.
5. Passionate and able to learn new things.
6. Self-motivated. Does not need close monitoring.
Willing to put forth extra effort.
7. Instills a confidence in people that they can count
on you. Meets commitments.
8. Getting the job done takes precedence over “watching
9. Can balance a sense of urgency versus attention
10. Is sensitive to waste and genuinely seeks to eliminate
11. Works toward standard work – efficiency
and repeatable quality.
12. Organized, can handle multiple tasks.
13. Understands quality and produces quality work.
14. Learns from mistakes.
15. Willing to delegate when necessary.
16. Dedicated to empowering users with technology.
17. Willing to give and accept positive criticism/feedback
without being defensive.
18. Believes that “the buck stops here”;
does not look to lay blame.
19. Accountable, takes ownership of projects, follow-up
and follow through.
20. Works toward a win-win situation instead of adversarial.
21. Is assertive, not aggressive.
22. Open to changes; is flexible.
23. Can accept constraints and maximizes resources
(positive approach, seeks to make “lemonade
24. Handles adversity with a positive manner.
25. Can detect problems before they occur or need
takes preventive actions to prevent occurrence.
26. Can resolve problems effectively and in an efficient
27. Asks what he/she can do to help; proactive, takes
28. Understands the customer goal, objectives, needs
to be able to best serve the customer and the company.
29. Respected by the organization.